As real estate faces the most troubling crisis in its history, it’s easy to get caught up in the bad news of the day. If you want to feel happier, here are some quick ways to do it. Your goal is to get to 100 items on your list.
- Jot down anything that makes you laugh.
- Write down the name of every client who transacted with you this year—be grateful they trusted you enough to buy or sell in this year’s very difficult market.
- Do you have enough of the basics like toilet paper and hand sanitizer—remember when those items were so hard to get during the pandemic?
- Did anyone you know have a baby this year? Add the baby’s name to your list for something to be happy about.
- Did anyone you care about reach a major milestone in life—graduating from high school or college, getting married, or celebrating a 25th or 50th wedding anniversary?
- Are your house payments current, are your utility bills paid, and your other payments up to date? Add each of those items to your list.
- Do you have friends and/or family you enjoy and who are helping you personally and professionally? BE sure to tell them how much you appreciate them.
The bottom line is you cannot feel unhappy when you focus on what makes you feel grateful or what makes you smile. Your brain can only process one emotion at a time.