A couple of days ago one of our real estate coaching clients lost out to another agent who has just started working in her farm area. When I heard about the issue from our coaching team, I immediately contacted her and asked to see her listing materials.
While I have no way of knowing what the other agent is offering, here’s my personal advice on what you need to do to knock those pesky competitors out of your market area.
In other words, what are the two or three services that you offer that make you unique from the competition. My experience has been that you only need two or three things that you do that your competitors don’t do that will make you the agent they choose. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Syndicate: Some things I would be doing today include using the Point2Agent syndication and predictive marketing tools. This service provides you with a website, the tools to track how many hits you receive from 60 different listing portals, it has a predictive marketing tool that shows web visitors the listings that best suit them. plus it creates a video magazine automatically from the pictures you post. This one is a no brainer. The cost is about $50.oo per month, however, you can try it for free for three months.
2. Custom seller website: If you haven’t already learned how to do so, provide a custom website for the sellers that uses their property address as the URL–for example, 123MainStreetAustinTX.com. Sellers are impressed when you provide them with a customized site. If you’re web savvy, you can design your own templated site and register it with www.GoDaddy.com. For the rest of us, sites such as AgencyLogic.com and ListingDomains.com offer these services.
3. Translation service: Because such a huge proportion of our clients today speak languages other than English as their first language, using a translation service is another way to distinguish your services. Two of our favorites are from Immobel.com and Proxio.com
4. Three-D Virtual Open House. My favorite differentiator is from United Lane. They offer 3-D open houses that are generated from a floor plan–no photos needed. You can try this great tool for a fraction of the normal cost by using this link.
5. Create a 90 Day marketing plan that lists when the property will appear on various real estate portals, in print advertising, as well as your schedule for traditional and broker open houses.
If you need additional help, check out my book Real Estate Dough(R) that outlines the entire listing process including the Eight Key Listing Questions that make converting that listing lead into your listing.
Posted by Bernice Ross, Here are two great speakers to check out this week on www.RealEstateCoachRadio.com. Hoss Pratt, fondly known as “the King of Prospecting,” shared his great tips last week on how to convert For Sale by Owners and Expireds into signed business. His website has a number of sample calls that actually shows what he did when he calls these folks and they hang up on him. (Yep–he calls them back.)
This week we’re pleased to welcome real estate’s leading expert on keeping safe—Andrew Wooten ofwww.JustBeSafe.com. Andrew’s book, Live, Work, and Play More Safely, addressed the challenges we face today in maintaining our safety at open houses, listing appointments, and vacant properties. Andrew has been speaking on safety for 26 years and has interviewed a number of felons about how they target their victims. Join us to learn about what you can do to protect yourself and your family both on and off the job.